This week our podcast is happy to welcome a Los Angeles’ Erik Nelson with a house mix that runs around 1 hour 20 minutes. Erik is no stranger to the JAM On It family as he was part of the Slinky 10 lineup and has been a long time supporter and friend.
Starting in the misty past of the last century, Erik was taken to a party that he rather enjoyed, which started a habit of having way too much fun dancing to really loud music in unlikely places. Not too long after that first party, he had his own sound system, and carted it all over the deserts, forests and warehouses of southern California to help give other people loud music to dance to. While doing that, he noticed that DJs were having a lot of fun, and figured he should give it a shot.
More than a decade after first getting behind the decks, he’s still at it, now as part of F.A.M.I.L.Y. and Camp Charlie, and as a frequent guest of the Shade day parties. Most of what he plays now falls somewhere in the giant and wonderful family tree of House music, and while exactly which branch depends on where and when, basslines are always key, funk is essential, and a little melody now and then never hurt anyone.
Connect with Erik:
- Thomas Dieckmann – Caught Up Tiger
- Soulight – The Howling (Illias Katelanos Remix)
- Havens & Hart – Loves Never Gone feat Scott Dougalas (The Revenge Turn it Around Dub)
- Gene – Keyboards & Heartbreaks
- Cari Lekebusch & Zoe Xenia – Good Love Sweet Love (Animal Trainer Remix)
- Dirty Minds – I’m For Pleasure (Claptone Dub Remix)
- Tboy & Wildkats – Be And Example (Balcazar & Sordo Remix)
- Jeff Bennett & Kriece – Bravo (Mike Montano Winter Mix)
- 16 Bit Lolitas – Nuclear Power Pants
- Mert Yucel – Get the Point (2012 Mix)
- Betoko & Climbers – Timeline
- Florian Meindl – 1985
- Nils Noa – Kollektivet
Subscribe to our iTunes Channel:
Add to iTunes (gets updated after this post)
Thank you for the support.